Tuesday, January 25, 2011

my husband

I love this guy (my real husband, not the stick figure guy!).  Really do.  He's not always perfect (yeah, but I am, right?) but he has a good heart and he's kind to me and others.  Also he's crazy about me and not others (in that way, anyway).  Also I'm good to him (and why shouldn't I be--I love him and I'm crazy about him).  So there you have it.

I keep telling my daughter that a happy partnership isn't about finding the perfect person but about finding someone who can make what's important to you important to him and who's flaws are things you can see beyond.  I tell that to her because I believe it and I want her to understand it because I think it's important.

He's years older than I am which makes him like music that I don't actually care for. at all.  And it also makes him not realize the greatness that is my favorite music.  But we have the same goofy sense of humor and the same outlook on life.  Also lots of the things I don't like to do he's good at.  And he does them--sometimes because he's good at them and sometimes because I don't like to do them.  And I do the same for him even on days when it may not be and even match, because I do them because I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment